[opensuse] Compiz - Is 'Zoom Desktop' or 'Enhanced Desktop Zoom' working for you?
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 10:24:32 -0500
Guys/Gals,

I'm working with one of the compiz devs (Dmitry), to try and sort out
why
'Desktop Zoom' and 'Enhanced Desktop Zoom' plugins died after the last set of
updates. The more information I can gather, the better. If you have compiz
installed, could you please test whether the zoom is working? (you may need to
enable 'Zoom Desktop' or 'Enhanced Desktop Zoom' in
compizconfig-settings-manager as it is not enable by default. ([Win]+mouse[4,5]
zooms, un-zooms)

So far we have confirmed that zoom stopped working on both 11.0 and
11.2 with
compiz 8.6 and the factory kde4 desktop installed. I can't say it is related to
any one particular update yet, but those are the commonalities so far. Zoom is
dead in all desktops (kde3,kde4,gnome) so you can test in any of those.

After you check, just let me know the following:

All Compiz Desktops Zoom
Updated Version Installed Working
(y/n) 8.2/.4/.6 k3,k4,G (y/n)

All feedback will be appreciated. Thanks.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC