Re: [opensuse] KMail problem
  • From: Doug <dmcgarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 23:41:58 -0400
Ed Greshko wrote:
On 06/05/2010 07:17 AM, Doug wrote:
I thought I had solved the KMail problem, but it's back. I give up!
I have installed Thunderbird, and will use that, even tho I liked
KMail better.

Does anybody know how to add a "sig" in T-Bird? I had to add the one
below by hand.
Edit-->Account Settings ....

There are "Signature text" and "Attach the signature from file" settings.

That doesn't seem to work. I found a place to turn off the encryption,
and that seems to have worked--I didn't have to uninstall anything.
There is no html. But there is no sig. In Linux, there is
Preferences, and under that, advanced>config editor and you get a long
long list of things you can modify, and I did modify "Default
signature_file" to specify my sig, and it shows there, but it doesn't
seem to come out on the outgoing mail. In Windows, under tools>account
settings, there is a place for a signature text, or to attach a text
from a file, as was suggested. Also in Win, there is a choice of reply,
reply to list, or reply to all. Reply to list doesn't seem to exist
in Linux either. The version I d'l ed today is 2.0.0.24 (20100302)
which would seem to make it current.

Rereading the above, maybe what Linux wants is an actual file name
and location, rather than the string I typed in. (The list allows
"string.") I'll look into that. Do I have to learn yet another mail
client? If so, what?

--doug