Re: [opensuse] HP computers?
  • From: Google Mail <lestertron@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 10:01:52 +0100
Hi Jim,

Disclaimer: I work for HP on the linux.helpcustomers Programme. We try to help
customers regarding Linux on HP products.

Whilst we don't certify or test Linux on any of the consumer Pavilion range,
the Pavilion P6310de looks like a safe bet in terms of hardware specification.
As already noted the things to typically look out for are the NIC and Graphics
Chipset.

You can view a list of products on which we do certify Linux here:
www.hp.com/go/linuxdesktop

Typically we offer Novell SLED on our business notebooks and desktops. In some
ways this gives a good indication of hardware which plays nicely.

Kind Regards,

Lester