Re: [opensuse] KMail problem
  • From: Thomas Taylor <linxt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 20:44:31 -0700
On Wed, 02 Jun 2010 16:51:48 -0400
Doug <dmcgarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 6/2/2010 3:39 PM, Bogdan Cristea wrote:
On Wednesday 02 June 2010 22:33:40 Doug wrote:
>> For the last couple of days, I have been unable to send an
email from KMail. This has been working fine for months.
I'm running OS 11.1. KMail 1.9.10 (Using KDE 3.5.10 "release
21.9" openSUSE). The mail seems to receive OK. Here is the
message I receive:

(Big box, named Continue Sending - KMail)

Sending failed.

The attempt to start sending the message content failed.
The server responded: "5.5.0 No recipients have been specified."

The message will stay in the 'outbox' folder until you either
fix the problem (e.g. a broken address) or remove the message
from the outbox folder.

The following transport protocol was used: Optonline.net

Do you want me to continue sending the remaining messages?

[Continue Sending] [Abort Sending]

The above even happens when I try to send a message to myself,
to be received on this Windows machine. Obviously the server
is the same going both ways.

I suspect that calling the optonline people wouldn't help--
they seem to know nothing about Linux. (I am only a step or
two above that point, myself!)

I like KMail. Can I do anything useful to salvage it?

--doug

> There could be a problem with your client settings. Check then
> again. Also
your account setting on the server could be another possible issue.

I use kmail as client for gmail with no problem.
I looked at the accounts in "settings" and everything looks
OK. The "default domain" says "linux-zf2a" whatever that
means. There are no options.

I will call the server people and see what they say, but I
have little hope there. They've probably never even heard of
KMail.

Both this Win machine and the Linux machine are connected to the
same server (I expect) thru the same cable connection.

Well, I will try rebooting Linux--I've never had to do that--
and see what happens. I'll do that before I finish this mail.
I did, and no joy.

--doug

Since your messages to this list are getting here, what setting differences are
you using from the messages that you can't send? That would at least narrow
the possible problems down.

I see you're using Thunderbird under windows for your messages to this list.
Is that going through the same server?

--
Tom Taylor - retired penguin
openSuSE 11.3-M7 x86_64