[opensuse] KMail problem
  • From: Doug <dmcgarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 15:33:40 -0400

For the last couple of days, I have been unable to send an
email from KMail. This has been working fine for months.
I'm running OS 11.1. KMail 1.9.10 (Using KDE 3.5.10 "release
21.9" openSUSE). The mail seems to receive OK. Here is the
message I receive:

(Big box, named Continue Sending - KMail)

Sending failed.

The attempt to start sending the message content failed.
The server responded: "5.5.0 No recipients have been specified."

The message will stay in the 'outbox' folder until you either
fix the problem (e.g. a broken address) or remove the message
from the outbox folder.

The following transport protocol was used: Optonline.net

Do you want me to continue sending the remaining messages?

[Continue Sending] [Abort Sending]

The above even happens when I try to send a message to myself,
to be received on this Windows machine. Obviously the server
is the same going both ways.

I suspect that calling the optonline people wouldn't help--
they seem to know nothing about Linux. (I am only a step or
two above that point, myself!)

I like KMail. Can I do anything useful to salvage it?

--doug