Re: [opensuse] vmware and keyboard layout
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 15:44:43 +0200
On 6/1/2010 at 8:20, Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx> wrote:
No one knows of a command to reset the keyboard to the boot state? I
cannot believe that there is no such command. I trued the rc script that
sets up the keyboard (kbd) but that did not help.

I HAD this problem too on 'older' VMware workstations (I'm currently running
7.1 and did not see it happen).

anyway: I helped myself around with having a launcher on my panel (after all:
mouse always worked!), that simply executes:

setxkbmap

So: do your magic in VM, when the host messes up keyboards, simply start this
launcher item (I have it on a gnome panel, I'm sure you know how to do
it on kde panel).

not clean, but worked... (and as said: did not start it a single time with
VM7.1 yet).

Dominique