Re: [opensuse] unable to login to KDE under newly installed 11.2
  • From: Julien Michielsen <julien@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 14:45:51 +0200
On Wednesday 02 June 2010 14:26:21 #### wrote:
Julien Michielsen said the following on 06/02/2010 08:14 AM:
Yesterday I installed 11.2 on my machine, and I don't succeed to login to
my useraccount under X. It prompts for the user, and when I enter the
name, and subsequently the password, the system goes away for 1 or two
seconds after hitting enter, and then comes back with the login screen.
When I enter the name again, and thereafter password, the same happens
again. No error- message, just comes back like if nothing happened. No
error with the password: if I enter a different password, it gives a
"wrong password"-message. On a console (under eg. alt-ctl-F2)I can login
without a problem. But not under KDE.
Can't find a message in /var/log/messages, the only log I can imagine as
a place for error-messages.
Or does a different log give better indications?
Anyone a hint?

The last time this happened to me I had made a bugeroo with PAM.
The time before that I had made a mess hand editing the config file for
KDM. Before that I had done something stupid with the xorg.conf, but that
probably doesn't apply these days.

Thank you for your reply.
This also happened to me before. But then I used my old home-partition, the
one I used under KDE3. But this ia a new installation, with a new user. (User
juk4, instead of user julien).
And this error showed uop again. And why doesn't it show any type of error-
message ....

--
Julien Michielsen
julien_at_michkloo.xs4all.nl