Re: [opensuse] U-Verse printer sharing
  • From: Duaine Hechler <dahechler@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 08:43:38 -0600
Allen,

In my case, its the computer. At least by the doc, both computers have
to have port 631 (CUPS) open for the client to automagically get the
printer queue names.

Duaine

Allen Wilkinson wrote:
You only need the print server to have the hole in the firewall. In
your case is that a computer or the printer itself?

The clients sending the print files don't need a special firewall hole.

I can set up several computers to be SSH servers via the u-verse
gateway. I haven't done a print server.

Allen