Re: [opensuse] Re: [DISCUSS] U-Verse printer sharing
  • From: ka1ifq <ka1ifq@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 17:34:14 -0500
"On 02:43:42 pm Duaine Hechler <dahechler@xxxxxxx> said"
U-Verse wired connection to both desktops:

Desktop 1 (HECHLER) - Linux, opensuse 11.1 - USB connected printer (HP
Officejet 6210)

Desktop 2 (laura) - Linux, opensuse 11.1

I would think (my opinion only) that the router ports that you are
wired to
are the same as any router, any firewall provided by the router would be
outside to inside same as a regular router. If you think the U-Verse box is
messing with you doing the printer share, plug the 2 computers into a switch
(for testing) and see if it works, that would tell you it's in the U-Verse
box. I do not have U-Verse but my sister does and I have not messed with it
much yet, but I do not see it any different from a normal router.

hth

Mike.
--
2.6.27.39-0.2-default GNU/Linux