Re: [opensuse] restoring X setup after doom3 locks up
  • From: Will Stephenson <wstephenson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 13:01:44 +0100
On Wednesday 06 January 2010 08:44:13 Per Jessen wrote:
Will Stephenson wrote:
On Tuesday 05 January 2010 17:37:28 Per Jessen wrote:
On my 10.3 system, doom3 will occasionally lock up, meaning I have to
kill it to get my system back. I switch to a virtual console and
kill the doom3 process, but when I return to KDE, my previous
resolution
etc. hast not been not restored and I have no mouse. I presume this
is due to doom3 being killed and therefore not exiting and properly.
How can I manually restore whatever the X settings were before I
started doom3?

xrandr --auto is the simplest way I can think of.

Will

Will that keep my X session running? I.e. with whatever open windows
etc I had? That's the important bit. I guess I'll try xrandr next
time.

Yes, it just tells X to reset its resolution on the default output back to
defaults.

Will