Re: [opensuse] USB times out cant see what's on drives
  • From: Richard Atcheson <ratcheson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 18:42:11 -0600
other computers and have not had anything similar happen.

Have you tried turning Dbus off and mounting manually?
(service dbus stop)

Ok Tom and Patrick here's the results of stopping the dbus and
mounting manually.

Using rcdbus restart, it shutsdown and restarts dbus, of course.
Then I mount /dev/sdd1 and it works ok.
If I remove the hard drive and try to use a flash drive nothing
happens. If I restart the dbus then the flash drive will be
available to mount manually. A strange thing is each time a
device is unmounted and remounted the device designator
changes. e.g., originally the hd was /dev/sda1, then it became
sdb1, then sdc1 and sdd1 and it's the only device on the usb
line at the moment.

I apologize for the delayed response, for the past few days I've
been fighting a fuel problem on my motorhome and it's eating my
lunch.

Richard