Re: [opensuse] Sound-config files
  • From: Thomas Taylor <linxt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 15:11:19 -0800
On Monday 04 January 2010 01:34:35 am Koenraad Lelong wrote:
Hi,
I would like to know where the configuation-files for the sound system
are stored.
My problem : in OS 11.2/KDE I can't configure my sound card to use my 4
speakers, while in Gnome it's very easy to do.
I do have other problems with my sound-setup but I'm going step by step.

B.T.W. how can one install Gnome and KDE on the same installation ? Is
there a "meta"-package to select ? I just read in another thread it
should be possible, but I didn't search for it yet as I don't have the
system at hand. Now that system has a triple boot : 10.1, 11.2/KDE and
11.2/Gnome.

Thanks for any pointers.

During the initial install, chose whichever desktop you prefer, then under
software selection (detailed view), select any other desktop software you
want, or right mouse click in the selection window and click install all.

Hope this is what you want.
--
Thanks, Tom Taylor
linxt@xxxxxxxxxxx