Re: [opensuse] Problems (minor?) with 11.2 upgrade
  • From: Will Stephenson <wstephenson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 17:09:29 +0100
On Monday 04 January 2010 14:16:39 Robert Schweikert wrote:
Oh yeah. wifi doesn't work any more. One of the 11.1 updates broke it,
and I was hoping 11.2 would fix whatever that was. It's still doing the
same thing it was before: knetworkmanager shows me my SSID, I click on
it, it churns for a while, and comes back asking for my passphrase. I
give it, and {repeat ad infinitum}.

Information about tracking NM problems can be found here:

http://userbase.kde.org/NetworkManagement

Right, and you've got direct access to the author of that document and of
knetworkmanager. Pity all those kubuntu users! If you can give me the
details requested in the 'It's all KDE's fault' section of the above URL we
can get you going and solve the problem for future releases.

The NetworkManager log as well as wireless hardware details should be a good
first step; if you are able to connect with another NM client then DBUS dumps
of both working and non-working connections would be extremely helpful.

Will