Re: [opensuse] Installing Virtual Box on 11.2
  • From: Ken Schneider - openSUSE <suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 09:21:11 -0500
On 01/04/2010 04:44 AM, Basil Chupin pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
On 04/01/10 19:16, Gustav Degreef wrote:
On 01/04/2010 02:29 AM, Ken Schneider - openSUSE wrote:

.

I have a Canon scanner which is not supported by Linux - but, of course,
XP does.

In the latest version of VB is the USB support still totally reliant on
openSUSE or can this version now access USB devices if the driver is
installed in XP under VB?

BC

Sorry for the late reply, been away on a camping trip over the holiday
weekend.

I have not had any problem with any USB device as VB grabs the device
from the host OS and passes it on to the guest OS. Best thing to do is
just try it. Pass that I can't help much as I don't have any Canon
devices here.

I have a usb HP scanner, also not supported in linux and it works
without problems in XP as the guest OS on oS 11.0. I'm using the latest
Sun version of VB. Gustav.

Thank you. I shall now have to rethink things and see if my Canon
scanner will work under XP as guest.

BC

One other thing, with the VM running, at the top there is a pulldown
labeled Devices, look under the USB list and make sure it is checked
otherwise the guest OS will not see it.

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998