Fwd: Re: [opensuse] non-existant directories in PATH
  • From: ianseeks <ianseeks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 13:09:35 +0000

Subject: Re: [opensuse] non-existant directories in PATH
Date: Monday 04 Jan 2010
From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx

On Sunday 03 January 2010 22:00:59 Marcus Meissner wrote:
On Sun, Jan 03, 2010 at 02:57:57PM -0600, sc wrote:
i just did an install of 64-bit opensuse 11.2 and notice when i
examine my PATH in a konsole there are two directories that
simply don't exist:

/usr/lib/mit/bin
/usr/lib/mit/sbin

i see no benefit to leaving non-existant directories in PATH, and
would like to be rid of them, but have looked many places without
finding where they are coming from

some of where i have looked:

~/.bashrc
~/.profile
/etc/profile.d/profile.sh
/etc/bash.bashrc
/etc/profile

i'd like to fix it in the "right place" so upgrades don't unfix
it for me

any help will be appreciated

/etc/profile.d/krb5.sh I guess.

And I filed a bugreport for this already, I expect to see this fixed for
11.3,

Andreas

Would that include eradicating spurious "dot" files from the skeleton profile
directories? I've got gnome2, .gconf, emacs, chromium etc "dot" files in my
home dirs of new users. I don't even use emacs or gnome.
:o)

regards

Ian