Re: [opensuse] USB times out cant see what's on drives
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 08:01:59 +0100 (CET)

On Sunday, 2010-01-03 at 10:51 -0600, Richard Atcheson wrote:

I'm using Opensuse 11.2 with the latest updates. Linux
2.6.31.5-0.1-desktop x86_64 kernel on a Dell Inspiron 1545 and
have all the KDE4 eye candy turned off.

When I insert a USB drive, either flash or hard drive, I get a
window eventually asking me to choose what to do. I open the
drive in file manager, click on a folder and 6 seconds after the
contents are displayed the folder goes blank. Neither Dolphin
nor Konqueror can see the drives without replugging. Same
failure every time. My Computer indicates the drives are
attached as /dev/sdc1 but cannot view contents.

Open a terminal and type "tailf /var/log/messages"; then attach the disk, and when it fails, post the messages that were written to the terminal.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.