Re: [opensuse] Installing Virtual Box on 11.2
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 16:14:31 +1100
On 04/01/10 07:59, Ken Schneider - openSUSE wrote:
On 12/30/2009 11:40 PM, Basil Chupin pecked at the keyboard and wrote:

[pruned]

A question, Ken, if you know the answer which would save me finding out
the hard way....

I have a Canon scanner which is not supported by Linux - but, of course,
XP does.

In the latest version of VB is the USB support still totally reliant on
openSUSE or can this version now access USB devices if the driver is
installed in XP under VB?

BC

Sorry for the late reply, been away on a camping trip over the holiday
weekend.

I have not had any problem with any USB device as VB grabs the device
from the host OS and passes it on to the guest OS. Best thing to do is
just try it. Pass that I can't help much as I don't have any Canon
devices here.

Thanks, Ken, the USB is accessible only if SuSE can detect it and has
the driver for it.

My Canon scanner (CanonScan 5600F) is not in this fortunate position.

I would never therefore recommend anyone buying anything Canon if they
are ever intending to use a Linux system.

As far as I am concerned, Canon have shot themselves in the foot because
they produce some good stuff - but that's their business.

BC

--
Take the bull by the tail and look the facts in the face.

W C Fields