Re: [opensuse] recover SD card partition
  • From: Ken Schneider - openSUSE <suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 17:53:22 -0500
On 01/03/2010 05:14 PM, Scott Jones pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
On Sunday 03 January 2010, Ken Schneider - openSUSE wrote:

Can someone point me in the right direction as to what I can use to
possibly recover the partition table on an SD card? A friend has given
me one with a lot of pictures that I would like to recover for her.

Thanks in advance

testdisk and photorec. Packman has them packaged for up to 11.1, but don't
seem to have them packaged yet for 11.2, but the src.rpm rebuilds just fine
for me. It's also available in the buildservice, but only in someone's home:
project, so the usual caveats apply a little more strongly.

photorec did the trick. Thanks much and Happy New Year.

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998