Re: [opensuse] kde 4.4 will not shutdown
  • From: ianseeks <ianseeks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 08:19:01 +0000
On Sunday 03 Jan 2010 08:06:38 Andrew Colvin wrote:
Hi all and a happy new year

I have a weird problem on my laptop which is running opensuse 11.1 and the
kde 4.4 betas (up to date with the latest in all the repos).

Since I replaced 4.3.4 with 4.4 my kde will not log me out or shutdown. It
shows the logout or shutdown dialogue and then plays the sound when you log
out but then does nothing. I cannot invoke logout again and have to resort
to killing processes or use init 0 to shutdown. I have even tried the
root user but still nothing. Additionally I started KDE without KDM
(directly) and it exhibits the same issue on logout and no errors where
shown in the terminal I started it from

Does anyone else have this issue is there a way to resolve it. It has been
like for about a month and each update I hope it will fix it but it hasn't.

Hoping for a solution
Andrew

Have you logged a bug report for it? Might be the best way to get a fix.

regards

Ian