Re: [opensuse] dd - rsync question
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 03:27:42 +0100 (CET)

On Saturday, 2010-01-02 at 21:04 -0500, Bob S wrote:

If one has been in the position of answering questions/queries from
others then one very quickly learns to provide some basic information at
least when asking for assistance.

Pretty basic I thought. Simple question. Can a dd backup be modified or used
with rsync. Brian seemed to understand it very well and provided a very
thorough and expliucit answer. Sorry that you couldn't.

Brian guessed how you did the dd, and then gave an answer. I also guessed, in his line too, but refrained from writting till you confirm what dd command you used.

Your post does not have sufficient info, Bob. We can guess what you did, and then give an answer - which can be correct, or totally incorrect if we guess wrongly, and thus, waste our time. Or worse, give an answer which can destroy your data.

Notice that dd can do many types of copy "things".

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.