Re: [opensuse] Installing and using an NFS client
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 01:51:35 +0100 (CET)

On Saturday, 2010-01-02 at 19:37 +0200, Stan Goodman wrote:

I want to provide filesharing between two oS machines. I have followed the
directions of the page <http://en.opensuse.org/NFS> to install the server
on a desktop machine (which is oS v11.1 for the time being, and wish to
made a client on a laptop (oS v11.2). The directions on the page are
simple enough; when I get a client up I will find out if they worked (the
page, which is headed "NFS", never touches the subject of clients).

Forget it all :-P

In the server, fire up yast, select setup nfs server, follow the steps.

In the client, same thing, but client, and follow the steps.

That's all :-)

For testing, setup both on the same machine.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.