Re: [opensuse] Installing and using an NFS client
  • From: Christoph Bartoschek <bartoschek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 20:41:11 +0100
Am Saturday, 2. January 2010 schrieb Stan Goodman:
I want to provide filesharing between two oS machines. I have followed the
directions of the page <http://en.opensuse.org/NFS> to install the server
on a desktop machine (which is oS v11.1 for the time being, and wish to
made a client on a laptop (oS v11.2). The directions on the page are
simple enough; when I get a client up I will find out if they worked (the
page, which is headed "NFS", never touches the subject of clients).

Neither do other such pages that I have found. In v 11.1, YaST admits to
having a package called yast2-nfs-client, but I don't see this in v11.2
YaST. If I did, I wouldn't know how to load it.

It also has a package nfs-client-debuginfo, described as "Debug
information for package nfs-clent. But there is no package nfs-info in
the list.

Catch-22?

Install the package nfs-client and then try:

mount your-server:/your/directory /mnt

This only works if you've exported /your/directory on your-server to your-
client, started the NFS-server and opend the firewall for NFS.

Christoph