Re: [opensuse] Problem with KDE switching users with an ATI Sapphire 4670 Graphics card
  • From: Sven Burmeister <sven.burmeister@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 11:32:05 +0100
Am Samstag, 2. Januar 2010 00:46:54 schrieb Franz Gotsis:
Running Opensuse Linux 11.2 on 64 Bit.

The trouble shows when I am trying to switch users:
It just won't work:

I can create new Sessions and virtual terminals, but I cannot switch to
them. When I try to do so,
I get an entry into the logfile /var/log/Xorg.0.log
which reads

(II) fglrx(0): Restoring Recent Mode via PCS is not supported in RANDR
1.2 capable environments

It seems you are using the ATI binary dirver, if so there is not much openSUSE
or you can do as it is closed source. You can check that by using the open
source driver instead. If that works it is a bug in the ATI driver.

Sven