Re: [opensuse] dd - rsync question
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2010 17:59:55 +1100
On 02/01/10 22:45, Brian K. White wrote:
Bob S wrote:
Hello SuSE people,

I did a dd backup on my 11.2. Question is can I update it with rsync,
or more important could I restore certain files/directories using rsync?

Bob S

_what_ did you backup with dd? a filesystem? or a partition or whole
drive that might have more than one filesystem?

[rest pruned]

I don't think that the majority of people have the ability to place
themselves in the position of being the recipients of such requests and
therefore do not provide the obvious details necessary for respondents
to provide the answer(s). Unfortunate, but true.

If one has been in the position of answering questions/queries from
others then one very quickly learns to provide some basic information at
least when asking for assistance.

Otherwise there is such a waste of time and effort - as your response shows.

Nobody here, nor elsewhere, is a mind reader.......

Ah well, such is life.....

And as a consequence, I do not get (too) upset with developers et alia
when they have to fend similar questions.

BC

--
If you don't succeed you run the risk of failure.