Re: [opensuse] Shaer /boot partition ??
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2010 20:59:31 -0500
On 2010/01/01 20:12 (GMT-0500) ka1ifq composed:

A friend it going to install 2 or 3 flavors of Linux with XP on one drive.
He
is under the impression that the linux installations can share the same /boot
partition and I haven't found any data either way. Does anybody know if this
will work? Has anybody tried this?

Doable, yes. Recommended, only for those experienced in manual fixup of Grub
and its config files who can remember to do so after every update affecting
boot files. Better to put only one distro on /boot, and the rest on their own
respective / partitions. As mentioned elsewhere, updates will not produce
pleasant results. But, manual intervention can get the determined around
those problems.
--
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious
people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/