Re: [opensuse] TV cards [Was: What I had to do to get wireless communication]
  • From: Mike McMullin <mwmcmlln@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2010 17:11:39 -0500

On Friday, 2010-01-01 at 18:19 +0200, Stan Goodman wrote:

{snippage}

Scary conclusion: "When in doubt, run it through Windows." =;-/8

`:-)

Yes but it does on occasion make sense, as in when hardware just
suddenly stops working across a few different installs, did it go bad or
did an update nuke the hardware usability, which actually happened with
my tv-tuner card, the remote stopped working under my Linux installs,
but did still work under Windows. :(

Which in my case I couldn't do, because the windows I have is Win-Me, and
the least the software bundled with the card was XP.

I have been thinking of getting a Hauppauge card. Not to highjack the
thread, I will take the liberty of asking you a couple of questions
privately.

I think you can ask here, I changed the subject appropieately. Or start a
new thread if you like; as long as it is Linux related, other people can
chirp in.

Hauppage PVR-150, under Myth-TV (0,21), Freevo now seems to be mature
enough that it might run, but conflicts with the myth-tv backend so I
have not been running it. I may do an install of 11.2, just to see if
it now works.