Re: [opensuse] hundreds of kio_http or kio_file processes in kde43?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 12:39:53 +0100 (CET)

On Thursday, 2009-12-31 at 12:57 -0600, David C. Rankin wrote:

I can't explain why, but the kio_ processes seem to have settled down to normal
now....

Very wild guess: not currently using kde myself, I don't know, but it could be something like a process generating thumbimages of your directory tree somewhere. It happens with nautilus in Gnome, I know, when I open a directory with a lot of multimedia files, it starts scanning them and wasting a lot of cpu.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.