Re: [opensuse] New strange behaving icons on my 11.1
  • From: DenverD <DenverD@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 17:43:42 +0100
Constant Brouerius van Nidek wrote:
Keeping my desktop updated to the latest packages.
After my latest update I got suddenly 8 new icons shown on my window.
Three times ATA SAMS, one ATA ST343 and a new Home, extra (name of one
name of the partition table)a Temp and a root icon.
A mouse click on the ATA icons gives an activity which begins with File
/org/freedesk...._d + numbers and ends with Timeout on org server.
The new Home icon gives Unable to run the command specified. The file or
folder file://$HOME does not exist.

Where do these icons belong to and what are they expected to do?
I am still trying to find out what to do with plasma and just want to
have a window with my icons as I had in 10.3
Need some help with cleaning up.

11.1 is born with strangeness...i GUESS you loaded KDE4, huh?

first you must run all updates into the system (use YaST, Zypper of
openSUSE Online Updater)....then, if you must stick with KDE4 you have
to get to KDE4.2, at least...there is a how-to here:
http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=414532

and, if you notice, i'm still in 10.3 because i can't MAKE myself load
11.0 or 11.1...

good luck,
DenverD