Re: [opensuse] Kernel 2.6.32 from Kernel:/HEAD crash when toggle to console
  • From: Malte Gell <malte.gell@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 22:02:54 +0100

Malte Gell <malte.gell@xxxxxx> wrote

Hi there,

I use the current kernel ( 2.6.32-rc5-git3 ) from Kernel:/HEAD and when I
try to jump to a virtual console with ctrl-alt-f2 the machine freezes,
nothing in the syslog. No chance to return to X.

I can only reboot with magic sysrequest. I wonder now, is this a known
behaviour in this kernel release or is more likely my setup (nVidia, weird
X settings etc.)?

After testing this a bit, I think it is *not* a kernel issue. Toggling console
without X works fine, when kdm is running, works fine too. But, when logged
into
KDE with running Compiz I had that problem. After playing around with Compiz
it is gone now... Well....