Re: [opensuse] ntp and wireless
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 16:13:50 -0400
Will Stephenson wrote:
On Wednesday 28 October 2009 20:08:38 James Knott wrote:

David C. Rankin wrote:

Two work-arounds. (1) Use traditional ifup for networking instead of
network manager (good choice unless you use a lot of different APs), or
(2) remember to restart ntp and unmount smb drives before you
logout/shutdown.

That's what I have found by trial and error.

What would be nice is if NetworkManager supported running a script on
connection and perhaps on disconnection too. This feature was in the
modem dialer IIRC.

See /etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d/.

I've looked at what's in there. Next question is how to make use of
it. If I wanted to restart ntpd, how would I go about it?