Re: [opensuse] ntp and wireless
  • From: Ken Schneider - openSUSE <suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 14:48:53 -0400
Marc Chamberlin pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
I have a laptop that uses wireless controlled by Network Manager. (11.2
RC1 - and it seems to be working again!)

If I want to keep time in sync with ntp, it seems that the network must
be up when booting. Which is not the case with Network Manager. How does
one get ntp working when using Network Manager. I suspect there are
other network services that do not function. But I am interested
specifically in ntp.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

Roger - if you get a good answer to your question I will be interested
also. That has been my biggest complaint also about the Network Manager,
is that it does not make networks available until after booting up is
complete.

Actually not until someone logs in. It is exactly this crock of crap why
I also use ifup on all my systems.

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998