Re: [opensuse] Practicalities of IPv6 - tcpdump?
On Tue, 2009-10-27 at 14:15 +0100, Per Jessen wrote:
AFAICT, tcpdump has had the necessary ipv6 support for a while, but I
can't get it to work. I'm trying to dump ICMPv6 packets with
variations of:
tcpdump -n -i eth0 ip6 proto \\icmp6

This works for me:
tcpdump -n -i wlan0 icmp6

I see the router solicitation messages.

It just won't work - it keeps telling me that 'icmp6' is bad
syntax. 'ip6 proto \\icmp' works, but doesn't catch any icmpv6
packets.
I think I've got the options right, according to manpage:
http://www.tcpdump.org/tcpdump_man.html
Any hints or suggestions? Even a polite rtfm ....

--
openSUSE <http://www.opensuse.org/en/>
Linux for human beings who need to get things done.