[opensuse] Re: Practicalities of IPv6
  • From: Joachim Schrod <jschrod@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 13:37:27 +0100
Adam Tauno Williams wrote:

My argument has nothing to do with technology at all,

No, it doesn't. And you haven't given a single sound reason why not to
have an IPv6 deployment strategy.

Do you not understand me, or do you not want to understand me?
I didn't explain how the situation *should* be, but why it *is* as
it is. The reason that most companies don't have an IPv6 deployment
strategy is that they think that it is not necessary and doesn't
contribute to their bottom line.

And if I wouldn't be the CEO/CTO of an IT company, I would probably
think the same. Repeat after me: "The bottom line counts. Period."

Joachim

PS: For the record: I know a lot about IPv6, being involved in
big-data-center-level deployments. And I know that it is not as
easy as you describe, from personal experience with transition
teams. Retraining the network ops is not done in one week, that's
dreamland. You have very obviously no experience concerning the
level of technical expertise of the common IT staff, for me this is
my daily business. And now I'll finish my lunch break and continue
with that presentation I should be doing instead of posting here...