Re: [opensuse] Yast2 partitioner new features
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 11:09:18 +0100
Sinisa wrote:

Hello everyone,

is this the right place to suggest two little features for Yast2
partitioner:

1. an option to clone partition layout from one disk to other: I often
make little servers with 4, 6 or even 10 disks and Linux RAID, so I
need to repeat all the steps for all of the disks (of course, I do not
use the a whole disk for one md partition, but at least for two, plus
swap) and that consumes a lot of time and is error-prone...

Until it is implemented, just swap out into a shell, and copy the mbr
from disk to disk with dd.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (9.8°C)