[opensuse] Yast2 partitioner new features
  • From: Sinisa <sinisa@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 11:03:27 +0100
Hello everyone,

is this the right place to suggest two little features for Yast2 partitioner:

1. an option to clone partition layout from one disk to other: I often make little servers with 4, 6 or even 10 disks and Linux RAID, so I need to repeat all the steps for all of the disks (of course, I do not use the a whole disk for one md partition, but at least for two, plus swap) and that consumes a lot of time and is error-prone...

2. option to specify layout for RADI10, because it can make BIG difference in speed of array, either in "RAID - Add" dialog, or in "Settings" dialog (e.g. somewhere under "Default file system").

Thank you and best regards,
SiniĊĦa Bandin
Novi Sad, Serbia