[opensuse] How to look for rootkits, spyware, virus, ....
  • From: Maura Monville <mauede@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 05:00:19 +0000 (GMT)
Recently my desktop internet connection was closed by the department systems
administrator because of suspicious frequent network accesses. Since I have
been running SuSE for many years and never had virus problems I was quite
surprised.
Anyway, in addition to the regular checks and tests they perform in these
cases, I was asked whether there exists a system tool to verify the integrity
of the system configuration. Basically they want to double check that all what
is currently installed on my system, excluding my own applications, are regular
SuSE updated packages rather than some malicious program, rootkit, and so on ...
Thank you in advance for your help.
Maura