Re: [opensuse] software.opensuse.org displaying in German?
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 10:13:46 +0100
On Sunday 25 October 2009 12:41:52 Clayton wrote:
Grrr... this is annoying... software.opensuse.org is displaying in
German on me. I'm connecting from a German IP, but have my browser
language preferences set to English. Anyone else see the "wrong"
language? (ie a language other than the browser preference) Not only
do I get the page all in German now (a language I cannot read), there
is no apparent way to set things back to English.

I've emailed the webmaster at opensuse.org about this... I dearly hope
that someone hasn't done something really really stupid like.. dare I
say it.. set up geolocation to "guess" the language of the user
browsing to the site. Geolocation cannot get the language right...
language settings should always base it on the browser string, not the
geolocated IP :-(

Please report this in bugzilla using as product "openSUSE.org",

Andreas
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany