Re: [opensuse] Partition filled up
  • From: Bob S <911@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 21:06:11 -0400
On Saturday 24 October 2009 22:58:01 Carlos E. R. wrote:
On Saturday, 2009-10-24 at 18:19 -0400, Bob S wrote:
On Saturday 24 October 2009 04:27:02 Aaron Kulkis wrote:
.....<snipped my own stuff>,,,,,,

Bash tells me there is no such thing
as "sort. Dunno why...but,,,Oh well.... Thanks to all for your ideas.

Impossible. I don't believe you.

Wellll... you're right again of course. Don't know why I was getting thaqt
message last night.

6 ls -al /tmp.
If anything is listed other than . and ..
remove them

Lots of stuff. But I am afraid of removing it, Here is what's there:

Delete all of that. You should have nothing there (if you followed his
intructions). Absolutely nothing.

Right again. I finally screwed up the nerve and did it. All OK ...

Now !! Here is something strange ! After I finished this reply to you, I
re-booted to make sure what I had written was correct. The last two line
of the above were difffferent. They changed to this:

That is to be expected, if you followed his intructions. Think.

Dynamic right? But why is it even writing to that when it has it's own
separate partition?
7. cd /sbin.

8. ls *fsck*; echo; ls *xfs*

Don't have xfs. Everything is ext3.

Did you run that command? There is something xfs there. Do not argue :-)

Really Carlos. I ran the command. I get the message there is no xfs. (and
I don't)

Thanks for the little push.Only problem is I still have a 99% filled
partition. See my reply to Mike and Ken. Maybe you can help explain that to
me.

Bob S