[opensuse] software.opensuse.org displaying in German?
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 12:41:52 +0100
Grrr... this is annoying... software.opensuse.org is displaying in
German on me. I'm connecting from a German IP, but have my browser
language preferences set to English. Anyone else see the "wrong"
language? (ie a language other than the browser preference) Not only
do I get the page all in German now (a language I cannot read), there
is no apparent way to set things back to English.

I've emailed the webmaster at opensuse.org about this... I dearly hope
that someone hasn't done something really really stupid like.. dare I
say it.. set up geolocation to "guess" the language of the user
browsing to the site. Geolocation cannot get the language right...
language settings should always base it on the browser string, not the
geolocated IP :-(

C.