Re: [opensuse] Partition filled up
  • From: Mike <kenziem@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 14:23:58 -0400
On October 24, 2009, Ken Schneider - openSUSE wrote:
Bob S pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
Hello Suse people,

Running 11.0 with KDE3.5.

I keep getting constant warnings that my /home partition is 99% full.
Of course it is not. But.......my / partition is,..... according to

Anyone for ideas on how to figure out what is going on?

Bob S

I always cd to / and then use du -sk | sort -n to find the dir using the

I use du -k --max-depth=2 | sort -n

the -s gives you a total disk space used not by directory

ran it today and found that a NFS mount failed during a backup and it was
written to /mnt/Backup instead so I had an extra copy of /usr and /home there
instead of the external device.

--
Collector of vintage computers http://www.ncf.ca/~ba600