Re: [opensuse] full-fledge PDF editor for Linux
  • From: Boris Epstein <borepstein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 11:40:57 -0400
On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 10:42 AM, Adam Tauno Williams
<awilliam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
DO NOT CROSS POST!
<http://en.opensuse.org/OpenSUSE_mailing_list_netiquette> <--- READ

Does anybody know of an editor that can do on Linux what Acrobat /
Acrobat Pro can do on Mac/Windows?

I've never used Acrobat.

I have tried to use the PDF Import
extension to the Open Office which appears barely functional

It is very functional - it is *extremely* tedious. :)

least it is so slow as to be almost impractical. I have also tried
pdfedit under Linux which seems to work fine but seems to have rather
limited functionality. For instance, the capability to make bookmarks
or to search through the whole document (as opposed to the current
page) seems to be missing there.

PDFmod is what I use.  Wonderful simple app.
<http://live.gnome.org/PdfMod>

Thanks Adam!

PDFmod does indeed look nice... but it doesn't look like it's handling
bookmarks at all. Or am I missing something?

Boris.