Re: [opensuse] Hostname is different from what I specified
  • From: "Chris Lincoln" <chrislincoln03@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 12:10:45 -0500
On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 12:04:26 -0500, Peter Van Lone <petervl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 12:00 PM, Chris Lincoln
<chrislincoln03@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I very clearly specified the hostname during the setup to be Caesium;
However, for some unknown reason, OpenSUSE decided to use the hostname
Beryllium instead. The only place I know of where it could have gotten the
name from is my Windows 7 install, which has that hostname (Beryllium).
However, Windows 7 is on a different hard drive. Is there a way to correct
this? How could this have happened in the first place?

I am using OpenSUSE 11.1. It was installed directly from the DVD (not in
Windows or anything).

perhaps there is a DNS record for the assigned IP address, that
resolves to the name Beryllium?

Peter

Thank you for the reply,

Perhaps this is the source of the problem? http://imgur.com/chvOJ.jpg
I should note that I am viewing that page from Windows. It changes from OS to OS.

~Chris