Re: [opensuse] Kmail debugging
  • From: Ciro Iriarte <cyruspy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 00:57:48 -0400
2009/10/12 Will Stephenson <wstephenson@xxxxxxx>:
On Sunday 11 October 2009 22:58:59 Ciro Iriarte wrote:
Anybody knows if it's possible to see IMAP messages or fetch process
in kmail?. I'm having issues with IMAP and Gmail, the account suddenly
stopped syncing and I assume a particular email is to blame because a
full resync doesn't help...

Regards,

You could look in ~/.xsession-errors for 'imap', or follow these instructions
to start kio_imap4 (the fetch process) in a shell so its debug output is
separate from the rest of the session, but I don't expect you will see much
using a standard release mode build of kdelibs, since the debugging output is
disabled.  What KDE and openSUSE are you running?  I'll make some debug
packages available in the OBS.

http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Debugging/Debugging_IOSlaves

Will

The debugging process doesn't seem to work, I don't get the PID of the
kio slave.

ciro@roamer:~> KDE_SLAVE_DEBUG_WAIT=imap kdeinit
kdeinit: Shutting down running client.
---------------------------------
It looks like dcopserver is already running. If you are sure
that it is not already running, remove /home/ciro/.DCOPserver_roamer__0
and start dcopserver again.
---------------------------------

Klauncher running in slave-debug mode for slaves of protocol 'imap'
KDE Daemon (kded) already running.
kbuildsycoca running...
Reusing existing ksycoca
ciro@roamer:~>
ciro@roamer:~> WeaverThreadLogger: thread (ID: 1) suspended. <--- kmail started
WeaverThreadLogger: thread (ID: 2) suspended.
WeaverThreadLogger: thread (ID: 3) suspended.
WeaverThreadLogger: thread (ID: 4) suspended.

ciro@roamer:~>

Regards,
CI.-

--