[opensuse] Missing eth0 interface
  • From: Stan Goodman <stan.goodman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 14:01:06 +0200
As I reported in a previous thread, the inability of my laptop system to
see the Ethernet controller was solved, and I was able to connect with
the Internet.

After shutting the machine down and booting it in the morning, I found
that I am no longer able to communicate with the outside world.

Network Devices now reports the controller as "not connected", meaning
that it can see it. (In theprevious thread, it reported that the
controller was not in hwinfo.)

Running ifup on the interface produced:

*****
# ifup eth0
Interface eth0 is not available.
*****

I have to google for help in rectifying this. I got many hits, but nothing
very helpful.

How can I restore eth0?

--
Stan Goodman