Re: [opensuse] Installing an NIC driver
  • From: Mark Misulich <munguanaweza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 06:02:50 -0400
On Fri, 2009-10-09 at 11:42 +0200, Stan Goodman wrote:
--
Stan Goodman (31C)
Qiryat Tiv'on

Hi Stan,
I just had a thought about compiling your kernel module and driver that
nobody has touched upon since I started to pay attention to this thread.
If you have already eliminated this, I apologize for the duplication.

In the readout in terminal when you compiled your module and driver,
were there any errors noted? I found there were several programs that I
had to install to let me compile the driver properly. I installed:

kernel source
make
automake
autoconf
gcc
gcc-c++

Only then I was able to build the driver per the readme file
instructions without errors.

You probably know more about what is actually required than I do, but I
am trying to cover all the prerequisites to get the job done. Is it
possible that your module and driver were never properly compiled?

I hope this helps.