Re: [opensuse] Installing an NIC driver
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 10:17:20 +0200
Stan Goodman wrote:

At 03:31:36 on Friday Friday 09 October 2009, "David C. Rankin"
<drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't know if this will help, but 'lspci -vv' might disclose more
details.

I've done so. It's quite long, but if you want me to send it, I will.

It contains no mention of an Ethernet card, or the numbers 8168 oe
8169

Then you need to start by actually plugging in the NIC :-)
If there is network controller in your PC and it's not listed by lspci,
your problem is not in the driver.

Perhaps start with just the output of 'lspci' - that ought to be no more
than 10 lines or so.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (15.4°C)