Re: [opensuse] NIC installation: What is this error?
  • From: Ken Schneider - openSUSE <suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 16:01:31 -0400
Stan Goodman pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
At 20:35:06 on Thursday Thursday 08 October 2009, "Ken Schneider -
openSUSE" <suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Stan Goodman pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
In the network card settings under the hardware tab, which driver does
it show? If not the rtl8168 then change it to be so. After saving your
changes you might have to run (as root) rcnetwork restart. Past that if
you still have problems it will be beyond my help. Good luck.

I am certainly grateful for your help thus far.

Where exactly are you asking me to look for the network card settings?

In YaST-->Network Device-->Network Settings

Running rcnetwork restart tells me that "No configuration found for pan0".
That's a new one. What I get from Google is that this is something to do
with Bluetooth. I do not have Bluetooth, so there must be some confusion
somewhere.

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998