Re: [opensuse] Windows 98SE can't access Samba openSUSE 11.1
  • From: Larry Stotler <larrystotler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 12:37:02 -0400
On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 12:03 PM, James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
With Windows, you should use an external firewall, rather than trusting
any software firewall.

I don't even turn on a software firewall on my systems if I'm
connected to a router with a hardware firewall. That hardware only
looks at packets and it's gonna react much faster than a firewall on a
machine would. On a laptop it's a different story because you can't
be sure that a router you connect to has it's firewall on 100% of the
time.