Re: [opensuse] NIC installation: What is this error?
  • From: Ken Schneider - openSUSE <suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 12:34:56 -0400
Stan Goodman pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
At 17:53:55 on Thursday Thursday 08 October 2009, Per Jessen
<per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Stan Goodman wrote:
That's true. It doesn't help to choose among the many gcc compilers
on the DVD. Can I assume that gcc-c++ is the way to go? Or is
gcc43-c++ the one with the brass ring? Or gcc43? Or what?
I suspect "zypper in gcc" will get you what you need.

That caused the system to try to access the non-oss repository, because it
complained that it couldn't resolve download.opensuse.org. The problem is
that I am trying to get the Ethernet card to work, and there is no other
way to reach the outside world. It stands to reason that the necessary
compiler has to be on the DVD. But there are many likely looking gcc
compilers on the DVD; so far I know that gcc43 and gcc43-c++ don't help.
Which one does it want?

Disable all repo's except for the *dvd* or add it if it isn't in the
list, then zypper ref and zypper in gcc.

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998