Re: [opensuse] hp w2207h
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 20:52:03 -0500
On Wednesday 07 October 2009 07:38:07 pm you wrote:
ok do you know where I can get the rpm ver. I new to suse I do not know
how to install from source ?

On Wed, 2009-10-07 at 19:03 -0500, David C. Rankin wrote:
On Wednesday 07 October 2009 06:35:10 pm you wrote:
ok I have a intel graphics media accelerator 3100 then I have the hp
w2207h lcd 22" into it the lcd display is the one that can rotates 90 .
I can not get suse to rotat 90 when I rotat the lcd

Now you got me on that one, but I know where to send you:

http://intellinuxgraphics.org/

That is the holy grail of intel graphics sites (although it is written
from a developers standpoint). That and google are probably your 2 best
places.

William,

There should be something for suse, but I've never run intel graphics
on
suse. The only time I used the intellinuxgraphics.org site was when I had to
rebuild X-windows, Mesa and DRM to accommodate 1680x1050 on SuSE 10.0 when
widescreen first came out. I guess I did have an intel board back then because
I recall using the old i810 trick to replace a video mode to dupe the firmware
into using 1680x1050, but that's been years ago.

There are some good knowledgeable people on the list that know way more
about
the current intel driver than I do. I've cc'ed this post to the list so
hopefully somebody can respond and help. Unfortunately, my shallow pool on
intel knowledge has just run dry :-(

Good luck, you will get it going. If you do have to build it from
source, it
wasn't that bad. I have a few notes here:

http://www.3111skyline.com/linux/intel-LinuxDriver.php

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC